One of my FAVORITE ways to get more breakfast food in my life is this mimic of a good skillet hash with my favorite carb… the sweet potato. 🙌☕️ There’s something about a sweet & savory breakfast food dish!
When I was a new wife and mom and full time ministry, I learned lots of crockpot meals and one dish wonders for ladies brunch get togethers and after church fellowships. Friends who became like family gave me a sense of community and belonging!! sometimes everyone brought their favorite breakfast dish to share and sometimes I fed a crew of young men in our home!!
I wish I would have known this one back in the day.
NOTHING is as satisfying as a pile of chunky sweet potato hashbrowns and CREAMY egg yolks. 🤤🤤🤤
Don’t worry, I didn’t get you drooling without planning to share the love. (FYI, you DON’T have to breakup with sweet potatoes in order to be healthy and fit…)
Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 50 mins Servings4 servings Calories 353 kcal Author Beachbody
- Parchment paper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided use
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line large sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, beans, corn, oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, ¼ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a large bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Place sweet potato mixture on pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Create eight wells in sweet potato mixture. Gently crack an egg into each well. Season eggs with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Garnish with cilantro; serve immediately.