It’s gonna be love month! I’ve got another delicious recipe for you – goes great with strawberries because it’s got chocolate, of course! Let me know if you try these Avocado Brownies (and see if your fam can guess the secret ingredient!)
– ½ cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
– ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
– 1 cup mashed avocado
– ½ cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1 dash sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a 9×12 baking dish with parchment paper, with paper coming up the sides of the dish. Coat with cooking spray + set aside.
2. Whisk together flour + cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Place a double boiler over low heat with water 1-inch deep in the bottom. Add the chocolate and coconut oil to the top of the double boiler and stir occasionally until melted. Set aside.
4. Place the avocado, maple syrup, eggs, extract, and salt in the blender; cover and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
5. Stir melted chocolate into avocado mixture. Fold in flour mixture, adding ⅓ of the mixture at a time, until fully combined.
6. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until firm on top. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the baking dish.
Cut into 12 pieces and serve right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days!
This recipe makes 12 servings.
If you follow our amazing portion container plan, this recipe is 2 Yellow and 1 Blue. If you’re a 2B tracker, this recipe makes a great occasional treat. Be sure to track it!