Let’s talk tomatoes. Did you know that a single tomato can provide about 40% of your daily vitamin C requirement?! It also contains abundant vitamin A and potassium, as well as iron. They’re a seriously good source of vitamins and minerals.
Plus, tomatoes keep the digestive system healthy by preventing both constipation and diarrhea. They also prevent jaundice and effectively remove toxins from the body.
Basically, don’t miss diving into one of summer’s most luscious bounties: the tomato. Most of the year, the tomato is pale, flavorless, mushy … or worse, like a rock. Nobody wants to bite into a pale, tasteless rock.
But in summer?! They’re vibrant in color and bursting with flavor!
Check out this delish Summer Tomato Salad; if you can’t find daikon radish in your grocery store, swap in regular radish or watermelon radish.
Fix Container Count: 1 green, 1 orange
- 5 cups sliced Roma tomatoes (approx. 6 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup green onions (scallions), sliced thin
- 1 cup daikon (or other radish), julienned (cut into matchstick-sized pieces) 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned (cut into matchstick-sized pieces)
- 6 Tbsp. Creamy Raspberry Vinaigrette (recipe below!)
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, daikon, and bell pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Drizzle with Creamy Raspberry Vinaigrette; toss gently to blend. Enjoy!
Creamy Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. raspberry preserves
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; whisk until emulsified.
Do you have a tasty summer salad recipe? #SharingIsCaring
In Sweat & Faith,